Jump to Main Content
- Groves, Ethan; Palenik, Christopher S.; Palenik, Skip
- Forensic science international 2016 v.268 pp. 139-144
- Raman spectroscopy; dyes; fabrics; forensic sciences; solvents; surveys; textile fibers; thin layer chromatography
- ... The characterization and identification of dyes in fibers can be used to provide investigative leads and strengthen associations between known and questioned items of evidence. The isolation of a dye from its matrix (e.g., a textile fiber) permits detailed characterization, comparison and, in some cases, identification using methods such as thin layer chromatography in conjunction with infrared an ...
- Muehlethaler, Cyril; Leona, Marco; Lombardi, John R.
- Forensic science international 2016 v.268 pp. 1-13
- Raman spectroscopy; colloids; evaporation; forensic sciences; gentian violet; multivariate analysis; quantitative analysis; silver; solvents; trinitrotoluene
- ... In order for a new analytical technique such as surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) to be used in a routine manner, data and studies on the validation of the method are required. In that context, we performed a systematic study of the variability observed at different levels of the analytical procedure (i.e. respectively measurement, sampling, colloids aliquots, colloids batches, laboratories ...