Jump to Main Content
- Kitenberga, Mara; Drobyshev, Igor; Elferts, Didzis; Matisons, Roberts; Adamovics, Andis; Katrevics, Juris; Niklasson, Mats; Jansons, Aris
- Forest ecology and management 2019 v.441 pp. 192-201
- climate; fire history; forest dynamics; forest fires; forests; humans; landscapes; national parks; prescribed burning; Baltic Sea; Latvia
- ... Fire has been shown to shape successional pathways and dynamics of forest vegetation. However, its role in European hemiboreal forests remains poorly understood. Here we provide the first annually resolved reconstruction of fire history from the Eastern Baltic Sea region, developed in the pine-dominated landscape of Slitere National Park (SNP), northwestern Latvia, over the last 250 years. Our res ...
- Gavinet, J.; Santonja, M.; Baldy, V.; Hashoum, H.; Peano, S.; Tchong, T.; Gros, R.; Greff, S.; Fernandez, C.; Bousquet-Mélou, A.
- Forest ecology and management 2019 v.441 pp. 262-270
- Collembola; Cotinus coggygria; Quercus pubescens; arthropods; bacteria; bacterial communities; chemical interactions; ecosystems; field experimentation; forest dynamics; forest regeneration; forests; fungi; greenhouses; herbaceous plants; leachates; leaching; leaves; phenolic compounds; plant establishment; plant litter; root growth; sapling growth; saprophytes; seedlings; shrubs; soil biota; soil microorganisms; species diversity; understory
- ... Chemical interactions in forested ecosystems play a role in driving biodiversity and ecosystem dynamics. Plant phenolics released by leaching can influence surrounding plants and soil organisms such as bacteria, fungi or arthropods. However, our knowledge about such chemically-mediated biotic interactions in Mediterranean oak forests is still limited, in particular whether they play a role in the ...