Jump to Main Content
- Awoke, Halid; Mewded, Befkadu
- Forest ecology and management 2019 v.441 pp. 71-79
- forests; inventories; seedlings; data collection; Olea europaea subsp. cuspidata; Olinia; species diversity; forest ecosystems; woody plants; altitude; population structure; new species; stand basal area; Myrsine; Ethiopia
- ... Conservation of forest ecosystems plays a great role to combat one of the major environmental problems of biodiversity loss. This study was conducted in Denkoro dry evergreen Afromontane forest, south Wollo zone of Amhara National Regional State, Ethiopia to evaluate the changes of woody species composition, structure and regeneration status over 16 years (2001–2017) of conservation effort. Thirty ...
- Dunn, Christopher J.; O'Connor, Christopher D.; Reilly, Matthew J.; Calkin, Dave E.; Thompson, Matthew P.
- Forest ecology and management 2019 v.441 pp. 202-214
- business enterprises; death; decision making; empirical models; fire fighters; forests; inventories; land management; landscapes; remote sensing; risk; risk assessment; risk management; snags; space and time; wildfires; wildland fire management
- ... Researchers and managers increasingly recognize enterprise risk management as critical to addressing contemporary fire management challenges. Quantitative wildfire risk assessments contribute by parsing and mapping potentially contradictory positive and negative fire effects. However, these assessments disregard risks to fire responders because they only address social and ecological resources and ...