Jump to Main Content
- Awoke, Halid; Mewded, Befkadu
- Forest ecology and management 2019 v.441 pp. 71-79
- forests; inventories; seedlings; data collection; Olea europaea subsp. cuspidata; Olinia; species diversity; forest ecosystems; woody plants; altitude; population structure; new species; stand basal area; Myrsine; Ethiopia
- ... Conservation of forest ecosystems plays a great role to combat one of the major environmental problems of biodiversity loss. This study was conducted in Denkoro dry evergreen Afromontane forest, south Wollo zone of Amhara National Regional State, Ethiopia to evaluate the changes of woody species composition, structure and regeneration status over 16 years (2001–2017) of conservation effort. Thirty ...
- Gavinet, J.; Santonja, M.; Baldy, V.; Hashoum, H.; Peano, S.; Tchong, T.; Gros, R.; Greff, S.; Fernandez, C.; Bousquet-Mélou, A.
- Forest ecology and management 2019 v.441 pp. 262-270
- Collembola; Cotinus coggygria; Quercus pubescens; arthropods; bacteria; bacterial communities; chemical interactions; ecosystems; field experimentation; forest dynamics; forest regeneration; forests; fungi; greenhouses; herbaceous plants; leachates; leaching; leaves; phenolic compounds; plant establishment; plant litter; root growth; sapling growth; saprophytes; seedlings; shrubs; soil biota; soil microorganisms; species diversity; understory
- ... Chemical interactions in forested ecosystems play a role in driving biodiversity and ecosystem dynamics. Plant phenolics released by leaching can influence surrounding plants and soil organisms such as bacteria, fungi or arthropods. However, our knowledge about such chemically-mediated biotic interactions in Mediterranean oak forests is still limited, in particular whether they play a role in the ...