Jump to Main Content
- Suominen, Mai; Junninen, Kaisa; Heikkala, Osmo; Kouki, Jari
- Forest ecology and management 2018 v.414 pp. 47-53
- decay fungi, etc ; Picea abies; Pinus sylvestris; biodiversity; bioenergy; clearcutting; field experimentation; forests; prescribed burning; slash; stumps; trees; Finland; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Prescribed burning after clear-cut is a traditional silvicultural method used for promoting regeneration of new tree cohort, but it also affects biodiversity of the harvested sites. We studied, on sites dominated by Pinus sylvestris with Picea abies admixture, how burning of clear-cuts affects wood-decaying fungi on stumps and slash left on sites. In total, 18 sites, nine of which were burned, wer ...
- Müller, Michael M.; Henttonen, Helena M.; Penttilä, Reijo; Kulju, Matti; Helo, Teppo; Kaitera, Juha
- Forest ecology and management 2018 v.425 pp. 85-91
- decay fungi, etc ; Heterobasidion; Picea abies; Pinus sylvestris; boreal forests; butt rot; conifers; cutting; databases; global warming; organic horizons; organic soils; pH; pathogens; root rot; stumps; Finland; Scandinavia; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Heterobasidion parviporum and H. annosum are the most damaging root and butt rot pathogens of conifers in southern Fennoscandia where their distribution and frequency are reasonably well described in literature. However, in the most northern boreal forests of Europe the occurrence and significance of these pathogens is poorly known. In the future global warming may increase root and butt rot damag ...