Jump to Main Content
- Assefa, Addisu; Abate, Dawit
- Forest ecology and management 2018 v.409 pp. 361-371
- decay fungi, etc ; Juniperus procera; bark; disease occurrence; forest damage; forests; fruiting bodies; inoculum; peeling; people; surveys; tree and stand measurements; trees; villages; Ethiopia; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Wood decay fungus Pyrofomes demidoffii is a cosmopolitan spp. and considered as an important source of damage to Juniperus spp. The aim of the study was to assess the wounding factors of Juniperus procera and their relation to a disease occurrence of P. demidoffii in some afromontane forests of Ethiopia. Disease survey and sample collection was conducted during 2010 in Adaba-Dodola and in Menagesh ...
- Suominen, Mai; Junninen, Kaisa; Heikkala, Osmo; Kouki, Jari
- Forest ecology and management 2018 v.414 pp. 47-53
- decay fungi, etc ; Picea abies; Pinus sylvestris; biodiversity; bioenergy; clearcutting; field experimentation; forests; prescribed burning; slash; stumps; trees; Finland; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Prescribed burning after clear-cut is a traditional silvicultural method used for promoting regeneration of new tree cohort, but it also affects biodiversity of the harvested sites. We studied, on sites dominated by Pinus sylvestris with Picea abies admixture, how burning of clear-cuts affects wood-decaying fungi on stumps and slash left on sites. In total, 18 sites, nine of which were burned, wer ...