Jump to Main Content
- Hankin, Lacey E.; Higuera, Philip E.; Davis, Kimberley T.; Dobrowski, Solomon Z.
- Forest ecology and management 2018 v.427 pp. 365-371
- roots, etc ; Pinus ponderosa; Pseudotsuga menziesii; climate; conifers; demography; dendrochronology; forest ecosystems; growth rings; seedlings; shoots; tree age; trees; Rocky Mountain region; Western United States; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Accurately aging trees is critical for understanding tree demography and tree responses to environmental change. Given the proliferation of studies aimed at understanding the effects of climate and disturbance on forest ecosystems, it is important to understand the tradeoffs between field-based age estimates and precise dendrochronological techniques. We assessed the accuracy of age estimates from ...
- Wang, Jun; Sun, Zhongyu; Hui, Dafeng; Yang, Long; Wang, Faming; Liu, Nan; Ren, Hai
- Forest ecology and management 2018 v.410 pp. 27-34
- roots, etc ; Cinnamomum burmanni; biomass production; climate change; community structure; dry matter partitioning; dry season; leaves; nitrate nitrogen; nitrogen; nutrient uptake; phosphorus; phosphorus content; plant communities; plant establishment; prediction; pumps; rain; seedlings; shoots; soil; soil nutrients; sprinklers; stems; throughfall; trees; tropical forests; wet season; China; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... Given the intensified global climate change, understanding the responses of seedlings in tropical forests to changing precipitation patterns is critical for predicting plant community regeneration. In a field study, we investigated the potential effects of changes in seasonal precipitation on seedling establishment and growth of Cinnamomum burmanni, a dominant tree species in a secondary tropical ...