Jump to Main Content
- Mockta, Tyler K.; Fulé, Peter Z.; Sánchez Meador, Andrew; Padilla, Thora; Kim, Yeon-Su
- Forest ecology and management 2018 v.430 pp. 250-258
- Southwestern United States, etc ; managers; women; American Indians; models; tribal lands; fuels; climate change; trees; mortality; Pseudotsuga menziesii; case studies; stand basal area; environmental knowledge; climate; forests; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Integrating traditional ecological knowledge (TEK) with western science and modeling tools can enhance not only the delivery of culturally important species, but also community support and overall effectiveness of management. This paper presents a case study of co-producing usable science integrating TEK on a culturally important species with a modeling tool, Climate-Forest Vegetation Simulator (C ...
- Truettner, Charles; Anderegg, William R.L.; Biondi, Franco; Koch, George W.; Ogle, Kiona; Schwalm, Christopher; Litvak, Marcy E.; Shaw, John D.; Ziaco, Emanuele
- Forest ecology and management 2018 v.418 pp. 55-62
- Southwestern United States, etc ; Anthropocene epoch; Juniperus osteosperma; Picea engelmannii; Pinus edulis; Pinus engelmannii; Pinus ponderosa; USDA Forest Service; climate change; climatic factors; cold season; conifers; data collection; dendrochronology; drought; drying; ecosystems; forest inventory; growth rings; linear models; monsoon season; rain; risk; snow; summer; temperature; tree mortality; vapor pressure; warm season; winter; Show all 30 Subjects
- ... Future droughts are expected to become more severe and frequent under future climate change scenarios, likely causing widespread tree mortality in the western USA. Coping with an uncertain future requires an understanding of long-term ecosystem responses in areas where prolonged drought is projected to increase. Tree-ring records are ideally suited for this task. We developed 24 tree-ring chronolo ...