Jump to Main Content
- Duque, Alvaro; Saldarriaga, Juan; Meyer, Victoria; Saatchi, Sassan
- Forest ecology and management 2017 v.405 pp. 309-318
- stemwood, etc ; aboveground biomass; allometry; botanical composition; branches; branchwood; carbon; carbon sinks; coarse woody debris; databases; forest types; inventories; models; rapid methods; tree and stand measurements; trees; tropical forests; wood density; Colombia; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The very wet forests of Chocó on the Pacific region of Colombia are unique in their plant diversity and function but are poorly known in aboveground structure and biomass (AGB). Conservation of these forests from widespread degradation in recent years has resulted in numerous REDD+ projects that require rapid assessment of the carbon stocks and changes. Here, we use a combination of inventory plot ...
- Paul, Keryn I.; Roxburgh, Stephen H.; Larmour, John S.
- Forest ecology and management 2017 v.392 pp. 164-175
- stemwood, etc ; Monte Carlo method; aboveground biomass; bark; branches; carbon; cost effectiveness; data collection; ecosystems; leaves; models; prediction; remote sensing; shrubs; tree trunk; trees; water content; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Accurate estimates of biomass are required for relating ecosystem functioning to atmospheric carbon regulation. Biomass may be directly measured through field sampling, which can then be used to calibrate biomass predictions from remote sensing and/or modelling. Field sampling generally entails measuring the fresh mass of individual trees or shrubs and then estimating the moisture contents of a re ...