Jump to Main Content
- Evans, Luke J.; Goossens, Benoit; Asner, Gregory P.
- Forest ecology and management 2017 v.401 pp. 159-165
- habitat conservation, etc ; Elephantidae; canopy; carbon; cost effectiveness; ecological restoration; habitats; lowland forests; natural regeneration; planting; purchasing; reforestation; regrowth; trees; tropical forests; Borneo; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Establishing connectivity in tropical lowland forests is a major conservation challenge, particularly in areas dominated by agriculture. Replanting schemes have been widely utilized as a method for reconnecting once contiguous forest patches. However, these approaches require funds for both initial planting and subsequent site maintenance. Furthermore, identifying sites for habitat rehabilitation ...
- Schroder, Eric S.; Ekanayake, Dinesh B.; Romano, Susan P.
- Forest ecology and management 2017 v.404 pp. 65-74
- habitat conservation, etc ; Carya ovata; Myotis sodalis; algorithms; bark; canopy; data collection; edge effects; endangered species; forest habitats; forests; habitat fragmentation; habitat preferences; hibernation; highlands; humans; landscapes; probability distribution; roosting behavior; snags; summer; surface water; trees; Illinois; Iowa; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... The Indiana bat (Myotis sodalis) is a federally listed endangered species negatively impacted by human disturbance, habitat change, and disease. Habitat protection and management of summer roosting habitat and cave hibernacula are recommended for the recovery of this species. We studied roost tree and landscape characteristics of 19 known summer maternity colony habitats in Illinois and Iowa uplan ...