Jump to Main Content
- Finger, César Augusto Guimarães, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2016 v.365 pp. 174-183
- Cedrela odorata; Copaifera; Swietenia macrophylla; basal area; boreal forests; forest management; growth and development; models; rain forests; sustainable forestry; tree growth; trees; Amazonia; Brazil
- ... Little is known about sustainable forest management and tree growth in the Amazon forest. Reliable growth data from trees are very important in the context of forest management. Tree-characteristics such as architecture and competition are associated with diameter growth. Previous studies analyzing tree growth have indicated that these variables can describe these effects for temperate and boreal ...
- de Paula, Rinaldo Cesar, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2016 v.374 pp. 129-135
- Eucalyptus; air; climatic factors; field experimentation; forest ecosystems; humidity; indigenous species; introduced species; invasive species; irrigation; mortality; predation; seed germination; seedlings; sowing; water potential; Brazil
- ... The invasive potential of a species is related to the interaction between genetic and environmental characteristics, as climatic conditions and native vegetation, reflecting the species adaptation to local conditions. An ecologically-adapted alien species can alter diversity and structure of forest ecosystems. This study assessed the invasiveness potential of eight commercially important Eucalyptu ...