Jump to Main Content
- Natlandsmyr, Brith; Hjelle, Kari Loe
- Forest ecology and management 2016 v.372 pp. 78-92
- swamps, etc ; Alnus glutinosa; anthropogenic activities; biodiversity; cutting; ecosystems; forage; forests; fuelwood; grasslands; grazing; habitats; hay; land use; landscapes; mowing; pollen; surveys; water balance; woodlands; Norway; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Alnus glutinosa (alder) swamp woodlands are in danger of disappearing in Europe and, in Norway, several habitats with alder are threatened. Knowledge about the dynamics of alder swamp woodlands is crucial for the conservation and management of this vegetation. Our studied site, Rambjøra, in western Norway encompasses the Rambjøra Landscape Protected Area. We combined information from three sources ...
- Sasidhran, Selvadurai; Adila, Nurfatin; Hamdan, Mohd Saifulnizam; Samantha, Liza D.; Aziz, Najjib; Kamarudin, Norizah; Puan, Chong Leong; Turner, Edgar; Azhar, Badrul
- Forest ecology and management 2016 v.363 pp. 140-148
- swamps, etc ; Dicerorhinus; Elaeis guineensis; Panthera tigris; biodiversity; cameras; conservation status; deforestation; ecosystems; fauna; forest fires; forests; habitats; land use; landscapes; mammals; peat; peatlands; stakeholders; surveys; Malaysia; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Intensive land use plays a major role in tropical peat swamp deforestation in Southeast Asia. In Peninsular Malaysia, the North Selangor Peat Swamp Forest (NSPSF) is the second largest remaining peatland ecosystem. Although the NSPSF is recognized as a biodiversity hotspot area in the region, this peat swamp forest is rapidly shrinking because of the expansion of commercial oil palm agriculture. M ...