Jump to Main Content
- Omelko, Alexander; Ukhvatkina, Olga; Zhmerenetsky, Alexander
- Forest ecology and management 2016 v.360 pp. 221-234
- Pinus koraiensis, etc ; age structure; conifers; forests; mountains; natural history; natural regeneration; shade tolerance; trees; wind speed; windthrow; Russia; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... We used a dendroecological approach to reconstruct the disturbance history of the old-growth Korean pine (Pinus koraiensis Siebold et Zucc.)-broadleaved forest in the southern part of the Sikhote-Alin mountain range (Southeastern Russia). We also performed a point pattern analysis to study the population structures of the five dominant tree species, and our findings demonstrate that there were no ...
- Yi, Xianfeng; Li, Jia; Zhang, Mingming; Zhang, Dongyuan; Wang, Zhenyu
- Forest ecology and management 2016 v.367 pp. 80-85
- Pinus koraiensis, etc ; volatile compounds; deciduous forests; nitrogen; seed coat; meat; seed cones; alpha-pinene; field experimentation; limonene; crude protein; emissions; environmental impact; Apodemus; ammonium nitrate; rodents; China; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Although the environmental impacts of nitrogen (N) deposition have been well studied, how nitrogen deposition affects the interaction between seeds and food hoarding animals has never been investigated. In this study, N was added twice as NH4NO3 to Korean pines Pinus koraiensis in order to explore the impacts of N deposition on seed traits and food-hoarding behaviors of small rodents in the northe ...