Jump to Main Content
- Preece, Noel D.; Lawes, Michael J.; Rossman, Allison K.; Curran, Timothy J.; van Oosterzee, Penny
- Forest ecology and management 2015 v.351 pp. 57-66
- stemwood, etc ; aboveground biomass; allometry; belowground biomass; branches; carbon; carbon sequestration; farmers; indigenous species; issues and policy; leaves; models; prediction; rain forests; root shoot ratio; seedlings; stem elongation; trees; tropical forests; tropics; wood density; Australia; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Few measurements for carbon sequestration, ratio of above-ground to below-ground biomass and wood density exist for young trees. Current allometric models are mostly for mature trees, and few consider trees at the sapling stage. Over four years we monitored the growth rates, from seedling to the sapling stage, of 490 trees (five native species) in environmental plantings, in the Wet Tropics of nor ...
- Dănescu, Adrian; Ehring, Andreas; Bauhus, Jürgen; Albrecht, Axel; Hein, Sebastian
- Forest ecology and management 2015 v.335 pp. 87-98
- stemwood, etc ; Acer pseudoplatanus; Fraxinus excelsior; branches; data collection; discoloration; hardwood; interspecific variation; models; pruning; risk; risk reduction; summer; trees; winter; wood defects; Germany; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The production of defect-free, high quality stem wood may be promoted through pruning of branches in hardwood species, yet this practice may also lead to wood defects, such as stem discoloration.Here, models to predict stem discoloration and the time of branch occlusion were developed for Acer pseudoplatanus L. (sycamore maple) and Fraxinus excelsior L. (common ash) based on a pruning experiment i ...