Jump to Main Content
- Mc Carthy, Rebecka; Rytter, Lars
- Forest ecology and management 2015 v.354 pp. 215-223
- Scandinavia, etc ; Populus; biomass; carbon; forest thinning; hybrids; stand density; stems; trees; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The Nordic countries have a vision to become carbon neutral by 2050. One way to approach this vision is to cultivate and harvest fast-growing tree species as bioenergy.In three study parts, this paper investigated how hybrid aspen performs in the second generation of root suckers. The three studies investigated; (1) initial growth, (2) growth effects following three early thinning strategies, and ...
- Adámek, Martin; Bobek, Přemysl; Hadincová, Věroslava; Wild, Jan; Kopecký, Martin
- Forest ecology and management 2015 v.336 pp. 81-90
- Scandinavia, etc ; Pinus sylvestris; charcoal; coniferous forests; forest fires; forest management; habitats; heat; humans; landscapes; lightning; linear models; paleoecology; sandstone; soil analysis; temperate forests; temperate zones; tourists; Central European region; Europe; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... In Europe, fire is considered an integral part of forest dynamics only in the Mediterranean and in Fenno-Scandinavia. In Central Europe, the ecological role of fire is largely neglected and deemed unimportant. To fill this knowledge gap, we studied ancient and recent fires in temperate coniferous forests of a sandstone landscape. We used palaeoecological and contemporary forestry data to reveal wi ...