Jump to Main Content
- White, Patrick J.C.; Warren, Philip; Baines, David
- Forest ecology and management 2013 v.308 pp. 145-152
- grouse, etc ; Tetrao; agricultural land; forest habitats; forestry; forests; heathlands; issues and policy; planting; treeline; Scotland; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Increasing forest cover has been the policy of various countries in recent decades. The Scottish government aims to increase national forest cover from 18% to 25% by 2050. Mid-altitude upland areas above farmland and below the natural tree line will be targeted for planting, which could impact black grouse Tetrao tetrix, a species of conservation concern which is most abundant in this zone. We use ...
- Zellweger, Florian; Braunisch, Veronika; Baltensweiler, Andri; Bollmann, Kurt
- Forest ecology and management 2013 v.307 pp. 303-312
- grouse, etc ; Picoides; Tetrao urogallus; canopy; edge effects; forestry; forests; habitats; landscapes; leaves; lidar; managers; models; remote sensing; snags; species diversity; sympatry; trees; woodpeckers; Switzerland; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Along with plant species composition forest structural complexity is an important determinant of forest biodiversity, but difficult to predict in space from field data. We analyzed forest structural complexity based on a comprehensive set of variables derived from nationally available, area-wide remote sensing, particularly LiDAR data. We generated variables related to vertical and horizontal stru ...