Jump to Main Content
- Rhim, Shin-Jae
- Forest ecology and management 2013 v.295 pp. 38-42
- grouse, etc ; Alnus; Betula; deciduous forests; foods; forest roads; habitat conservation; habitats; landscapes; mixed forests; models; plantations; road construction; temperate forests; trees; South Korea; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... I investigated the small-scale winter habitat selection of hazel grouse Bonasa bonasia in temperate forest, South Korea. The birds showed a preference for natural deciduous forest, followed by mixed forest, coniferous plantations, and deciduous plantations. The top-ranked model for winter habitat selection by the hazel grouse (ω=0.72, r2=0.81) was 0.42 [understory cover]+0.33 [forest type]+0.24 [d ...
- Zellweger, Florian; Braunisch, Veronika; Baltensweiler, Andri; Bollmann, Kurt
- Forest ecology and management 2013 v.307 pp. 303-312
- grouse, etc ; Picoides; Tetrao urogallus; canopy; edge effects; forestry; forests; habitats; landscapes; leaves; lidar; managers; models; remote sensing; snags; species diversity; sympatry; trees; woodpeckers; Switzerland; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Along with plant species composition forest structural complexity is an important determinant of forest biodiversity, but difficult to predict in space from field data. We analyzed forest structural complexity based on a comprehensive set of variables derived from nationally available, area-wide remote sensing, particularly LiDAR data. We generated variables related to vertical and horizontal stru ...