Jump to Main Content
- Martin, Paula S.; Gheler-Costa, Carla; Lopes, Paula C.; Rosalino, Luís M.; Verdade, Luciano M.
- Forest ecology and management 2012 v.282 pp. 185-195
- Eucalyptus; Rodentia; carrying capacity; conservation areas; land use change; landscapes; pastures; pitfall traps; plantations; rodents; silvicultural systems; small mammals; species diversity; temporal variation; vegetation; Brazil
- ... The area covered by Eucalyptus plantations is significantly increasing in Brazil for economic reasons. However, the impact of such land use change is still unknown. In this study we evaluated the spatial–temporal distribution and abundance of terrestrial non-volant small mammals on a recently converted landscape whose matrix is formed by Eucalyptus plantations up to 3years of age. From August 2007 ...
- MartÃnez-PeÃ±a, F.; de-Miguel, S.; Pukkala, T.; Bonet, J.A.; Ortega-MartÃnez, P.; Aldea, J.; MartÃnez de AragÃ³n, J.
- Forest ecology and management 2012 v.282 pp. 63-69
- ectomycorrhizae; Lactarius deliciosus; nontimber forest products; equations; models; crop yield; forest management; rain; Pinus sylvestris; mushrooms; temperature; stand basal area; Boletus edulis; stand structure; prediction; forests
- ... Mushrooms in general, and Boletus edulis and Lactarius deliciosus in particular, are important non-wood forest products worldwide. Despite their economic and ecological importance, models that describe the influence of different factors on mushroom yield are few. These models would support multi-objective forest management and planning that takes into account mushroom production. This study aims a ...