Jump to Main Content
- Keim, R.F.; Chambers, J.L.; Hughes, M.S.; Dimov, L.D.; Conner, W.H.; Shaffer, G.P.; Gardiner, E.S.; Day, J.W. Jr.
- Forest ecology and management 2006 v.234 no.1-3 pp. 24
- stumps, etc ; Taxodium distichum; Nyssa aquatica; forest trees; sprouting; forest regeneration; tree growth; tree mortality; swamps; tree and stand measurements; statistical analysis; lowland forests; Louisiana; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Regeneration of baldcypress (Taxodium distichum (L.) Rich.) and water tupelo (Nyssa aquatica L.) in swamps of the deltaic plain of the Mississippi River are of major importance for ecosystem sustainability and forest management in the context of regional hydrological changes. Water tupelo often forms prolific sprouts from cut stumps, and baldcypress is one of few conifers to produce stump sprouts ...
- Thies, W.G.; Westlind, D.J.
- Forest ecology and management 2006 v.235 no.1-3 pp. 212
- stumps, etc ; fungal diseases of plants; forest trees; pesticide application; fungicides; fumigation; chloropicrin; fumigants; Phellinus weirii; root rot; forest stands; stand composition; Pseudotsuga menziesii; coniferous forests; forest regeneration; tree mortality; tree growth; disease control; Northwestern United States; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Phellinus weirii (Murr.) Gilb. causes laminated root rot (LRR), a major disease affecting growth and survival of Pseudotsuga menziesii (Mirb.) Franco (Douglas-fir) and other commercially important conifer species throughout the Pacific Northwest. This disease is known to spread to a replacement stand by root contact between replacement trees and residual infected stumps and roots from the harveste ...