Jump to Main Content
- Patrick J.C. White; Philip Warren; David Baines
- Forest ecology and management 2013 v.308 pp. 145-152
- Tetrao; agricultural land; forest habitats; forestry; forests; grouse; heathlands; issues and policy; planting; treeline; Scotland
- ... Increasing forest cover has been the policy of various countries in recent decades. The Scottish government aims to increase national forest cover from 18% to 25% by 2050. Mid-altitude upland areas above farmland and below the natural tree line will be targeted for planting, which could impact black grouse Tetrao tetrix, a species of conservation concern which is most abundant in this zone. We use ...
- Angela Lomba; Ana Sofia Vaz; Francisco Moreira; João Pradinho Honrado
- Forest ecology and management 2013 v.291 pp. 190-198
- Pinus; agricultural land; canopy; forest ecosystems; forest habitats; forest management; forest stands; forest types; habitat fragmentation; indigenous species; introduced species; land use change; landscapes; species diversity; trees
- ... Habitat loss and fragmentation due to land use changes are major threats to biodiversity in forest ecosystems, and they are expected to have important impacts on many taxa and at various spatial scales.Species richness and area relationships (SARs) have been used to assess species diversity patterns and drivers, and thereby in the establishment of conservation and management strategies. Here we pr ...