Jump to Main Content
- Hoff, Daniel L.; Will, Rodney E.; Zou, Chris B.; Weir, John R.; Gregory, Mark S.; Lillie, Nathan D.
- Forest ecology and management 2018 v.409 pp. 215-224
- Juniperus virginiana, etc ; Quercus; aboveground biomass; canopy; conifers; ecosystem services; forests; fuel loading; fuels; remote sensing; simulation models; understory; wildfires; Great Plains region; Kansas; Oklahoma; Texas; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Encroachment of eastern redcedar (ERC; Juniperus virginiana) into the Quercus dominated Cross Timbers region of the Southern Great Plains is an ongoing management issue that affects ecosystem services and wildfire hazard. The location and density of ERC in the forest understory and midstory are important information for fire managers seeking to estimate the behavior of fires or anticipate resource ...
- Stambaugh, Michael C.; Marschall, Joseph M.; Guyette, Richard P.
- Forest ecology and management 2014 v.320 pp. 83-95
- Juniperus virginiana, etc ; Quercus; demographic statistics; ecosystems; fire regime; humans; land use change; plant communities; prescribed burning; trees; vegetation structure; woodlands; Oklahoma; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Science-based information is needed that quantitatively links changes in fire regimes to vegetation succession, while offering a context for fire management. To demonstrate an approach to filling this need, we reconstructed the fire, vegetation, and environmental history at four oak woodland sites in Oklahoma and discussed the information relevance to local and regional fire issues. During the las ...