Jump to Main Content
- Afas, Najwa Al; Marron, Nicolas; Van Dongen, Stefan; Laureysens, Ilse; Ceulemans, Reinhart
- Forest ecology and management 2008 v.255 no.5-6 pp. 1883-1891
- Populus; clones; shoots; tree growth; dry matter accumulation; forest plantations; parentage; hybrids; tree mortality; allometry; equations; regression analysis; statistical models; genotype
- ... Short rotation coppice culture systems are characterized by a high stool and shoot density, and by rotation durations between 2 and 3 years for species showing an extremely fast growth such as poplar. With the objective to study the long-term biomass production evolution and dynamic of such systems, a high-density plantation with 17 poplar (Populus) clones belonging to six parentages was establish ...
- Dillen, S.Y.; Marron, N.; Bastien, C.; Ricciotti, L.; Salani, F.; Sabatti, M.; Pinel, M.P.C.; Rae, A.M.; Taylor, G.; Ceulemans, R.
- Forest ecology and management 2007 v.252 no.1-3 pp. 12-23
- tree growth; genetic transformation; estimation; mathematical models; hybrids; forest trees; phenotype; branches; equations; allometry; regression analysis; crossing; environmental factors; genetic variation; Populus; dry matter partitioning; France; Italy; England