Jump to Main Content
- Bollmann, K.; Weibel, P.; Graf, R.F.
- Forest ecology and management 2005 v.215 no.1-3 pp. 307-318
- grouse, etc ; endangered species; habitat preferences; forest trees; Tetrao urogallus; montane forests; botanical composition; forest-wildlife relations; tree and stand measurements; model validation; forest stands; regression analysis; spring; Vaccinium myrtillus; stand composition; statistical models; understory; Switzerland; Show all 18 Subjects
- Zellweger, Florian; Braunisch, Veronika; Baltensweiler, Andri; Bollmann, Kurt
- Forest ecology and management 2013 v.307 pp. 303-312
- grouse, etc ; Picoides; Tetrao urogallus; canopy; edge effects; forestry; forests; habitats; landscapes; leaves; lidar; managers; models; remote sensing; snags; species diversity; sympatry; trees; woodpeckers; Switzerland; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Along with plant species composition forest structural complexity is an important determinant of forest biodiversity, but difficult to predict in space from field data. We analyzed forest structural complexity based on a comprehensive set of variables derived from nationally available, area-wide remote sensing, particularly LiDAR data. We generated variables related to vertical and horizontal stru ...