Jump to Main Content
- Saenz-Romero, C.; Guzman-Reyna, R.R.; Rehfeldt, G.E.
- Forest ecology and management 2006 v.229 no.1-3 pp. 340
- provenance, etc ; Pinus oocarpa; genetic variation; height; altitude; climatic zones; seeds; tree breeding; tree growth; global warming; Mexico; Show all 11 Subjects
Pinus oocarpa has a large natural distribution in the sub-tropical forests of Mexico. Populations, however, are rapidly disappearing particularly in the Michoacán State as native forests are converted to avocado (Persea sp.) orchards. We investigated the patterning of genetic variation among P. oocarpa populations for quantitative traits along an altitudinal gradient by establishing a provenance/ ...
- Aldrete, Arnulfo; Mexal, J.G.; Burr, Karen E.
- Forest ecology and management 2008 v.255 no.11 pp. 3672
- provenance, etc ; Pinus; seedlings; cold tolerance; temperature; budbreak; genetic variation; buds; environmental factors; nursery stock; trees; geographical distribution; conifers; frost resistance; Mexico; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Cold hardiness and timing of bud set and bud break are important processes that provide protection of nursery seedlings against low temperatures. Seedlings of 9 provenances of Pinus greggii from two different regions of Mexico were tested to determine cold hardiness, bud set, and bud break timing differences. Needle sections were exposed to freezing temperatures to determine an injury index of eac ...