Jump to Main Content
- Jofré, Gabriela M.; Warn, Mark R.; Reading, Christopher J.
- Forest ecology and management 2016 v.362 pp. 69-78
- Lacerta agilis; Natrix natrix; Vipera; biodiversity; canopy; coniferous forests; conifers; developmental stages; felling; habitat conservation; habitats; lizards; plantations; snakes; timber production; tree growth; trees; wildlife; England
- ... Commercially managed coniferous forest is often considered detrimental to wildlife despite their early developmental growth stages being well utilised by some species from a number of different taxa. Our study investigated the use of different aged conifer plantations by reptiles in southern England using arrays of artificial refuges, placed within 20 plantations of varying age, to determine the p ...
- Dillen, S.Y.; Marron, N.; Bastien, C.; Ricciotti, L.; Salani, F.; Sabatti, M.; Pinel, M.P.C.; Rae, A.M.; Taylor, G.; Ceulemans, R.
- Forest ecology and management 2007 v.252 no.1-3 pp. 12-23
- tree growth; genetic transformation; estimation; mathematical models; hybrids; forest trees; phenotype; branches; equations; allometry; regression analysis; crossing; environmental factors; genetic variation; Populus; dry matter partitioning; France; Italy; England