Jump to Main Content
- Búrquez, Alberto, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2018 v.426 pp. 53-60
- coasts; conservation areas; drought; dry season; ecological resilience; ecosystems; forest litter; hurricanes; hydrometeorology; leaves; phosphorus; plant available water; rain; research programs; tropical dry forests; watersheds; Mexico
- ... Tropical dry forests (TDFs) on the Pacific Coast of Mexico experience seasonal droughts and very infrequent direct hurricane disturbance. Over a 4-year period, two hurricanes made landfall in the Chamela-Cuixmala Biosphere Reserve, Hurricane Jova (category 2) in October 2011 and Hurricane Patricia (category 4) in October 2015. Our permanent long-term watershed-scale research program in the reserve ...
- Búrquez, Alberto, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2008 v.256 no.3 pp. 355-366
- correlation; old-growth forests; cation exchange capacity; Acacia; soil organic matter; tropical forests; cattle; secondary forests; regrowth; woody plants; grazing intensity; species diversity; density; land use; vegetation structure; Mexico
- ... The objective of this study was to compare the vegetation structure and soil properties among old-growth tropical dry forests representing three categories of grazing intensity by cattle (light, moderate and heavy grazing) and a category of 20-30-yr-old secondary forest experiencing occasional grazing in a locality in northwestern Mexico. Within each forest type, three 0.1ha plots located in diffe ...