Jump to Main Content
- Lockhart, Brian Roy, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2011 v.261 no.2 pp. 246
- Fraxinus pennsylvanica; acclimation; basal area; biomass production; canopy; clearcutting; floodplains; forests; harvesting; leaf area index; leaves; overstory; plant morphology; roots; seedlings; stand structure; stems; Mississippi River
- ... Stand-level growth responses and plant-level patterns of biomass accumulation and distribution were examined to learn how stand structure influences morphological acclimation and growth of green ash (Fraxinus pennsylvanica Marsh.) advance regeneration following overstory harvesting. Nine, 20-ha plots that received clearcut harvesting (100% basal area removal), partial harvesting (50% basal area re ...
- Lockhart, Brian Roy, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2008 v.255 no.7 pp. 2790
- tree growth; basal area; tree and stand measurements; Quercus; plant competition; vigor; hardwood forests; lowland forests; trees; spatial distribution; forest stands; age structure; light; tree crown; overstory; models; prediction; statistical analysis; Southeastern United States
- ... We studied the relationships among 5-year radial (diameter and basal area) growth of red oak (genus Quercus, subgenus Erythrobalanus) crop trees and predictor variables representing individual tree vigor, distance-dependant competition measures, and distance-independent competition measures. The red oaks we examined are representative of the commercially and ecologically important oak species of t ...