Jump to Main Content
- Gilani, Haris R.; Yoshida, Tomoko; Innes, John L.
- Forest policy and economics 2017 v.80 pp. 27-33
- climate; climate change; decision making; deforestation; forest management; forests; household surveys; indigenous peoples; interviews; questionnaires; risk; stakeholders; Nepal
- ... Although local communities and indigenous peoples are the main actors for REDD+ practices, their needs and perceptions have received little attention in the debates on REDD+, despite much rhetoric to the contrary. In this study, a Collaborative Forest Management (CFM) site was studied using a questionnaire survey administered to a CFM user group in order to understand CFM users' perceptions and kn ...
- Sullivan, Abigail; York, Abigail M.; An, Li; Yabiku, Scott T.; Hall, Sharon J.
- Forest policy and economics 2017 v.80 pp. 1-10
- Mikania micrantha; Persicaria perfoliata; collective action; econometrics; forest management; forest resources; invasive species; national parks; people; plants (botany); surveys; Nepal
- ... Collective action has played a vital role in managing common pool resources in numerous global contexts. This article explores the factors affecting collective action related to the removal of the mile-a-minute weed (Mikania micrantha, referred to as Mikania), an invasive plant, in community forests in the buffer zone region around Chitwan National Park in Chitwan, Nepal. Few studies have combined ...