Jump to Main Content
- Man, Cosmin D.; Lyons, Kevin C.; Nelson, John D.; Bull, Gary Q.
- Forest policy and economics 2015 v.52 pp. 9-17
- opportunity costs, etc ; carbon; carbon markets; cost estimates; forests; harvesting; income; inventories; site index; British Columbia; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... This paper uses the inventory of three actively managed forest estates located in the Coastal, Central Interior, and Northern Interior forest regions in British Columbia to estimate the cost to produce Carbon credits ($ per Carbon credit) when the harvest is reduced below the baseline level. The financial analysis was conducted over a range of discount rates (0–16%) and the total cost included the ...
- Restrepo, Héctor I.; Orrego, Sergio A.
- Forest policy and economics 2015 v.57 pp. 31-37
- opportunity costs, etc ; Monte Carlo method; Tectona grandis; algorithms; computers; data collection; forest plantations; forest yields; forests; land values; logit analysis; models; prices; profitability; risk; risk assessment; Colombia; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... A financial assessment of forest investments is comprehensive if the analysis includes reliable yield estimates, land expectation value (LEV) and risk calculation. All of these aspects were considered and applied to teak plantations in Colombia, an emergent economy where high forest productivity, low opportunity cost of land, and decreased financial/economic risk have substantially contributed to ...