Jump to Main Content
- Schimleck, Laurence; Love-Myers, Kim; Sanders, Joe; Raybon, Heath; Daniels, Richard; Mahon, Jerry; Andrews, Edward; Schilling, Erik
- Forest products journal 2011 v.61 no.6 pp. 428-434
- Pinus taeda; air drying; bolts; monitoring; time domain reflectometry; water content; water utilization; wood
- ... The responsible usage of water by facilities that rely on wet log storage in the southern United States has become an issue of great importance as restrictions on water usage have grown in recent years. In order to learn about the dynamics of moisture content in wet-stored logs over time, it is necessary to conduct continuous monitoring of log piles. Time domain reflectometry (TDR) is a method tha ...
- Barnes, H.M.; Amburgey, T.L.; Sanders, M.G.; Lindsey, G.B.
- Forest products journal 2011 v.61 no.6 pp. 450-458
- Liriodendron tulipifera; bolts; boron; copper naphthenate; fumigants; insects; pentachlorophenol; preservatives; rain
- ... A series of joint treatments on southern pine, red oak, and yellow-poplar were evaluated. These included treatments applied in holes that were subsequently capped, treatments applied to bolt holes and/or bolts, treatments applied to felt pads located between wooden members, and treatments applied directly to the surfaces of the joints. Water-soluble diffusible systems applied in holes adjacent to ...