Jump to Main Content
- Moller, Bjorn; Wilkander, Jan; Hellgren, Mikael
- Forest products journal 2011 v.61 no.6 pp. 466-472
- equipment; field experimentation; forests; harvesting; sawmills; traceability; Sweden
- ... Today, an information gap exists between log measurements performed in the forest and at the sawmill. By applying a code in the forest during harvesting and then reading it at the sawmill, this information gap would vanish. A log applicator, which applies two-dimensional log codes through the saw bar, and a corresponding detection system based on vision technology have been developed. Key features ...
- G.C., Shivan; Potter-Witter, Karen
- Forest products journal 2011 v.61 no.6 pp. 459-465
- harvesting; logging; new markets; market development; transportation; employment; business enterprises; prices; sales; bioenergy; forest products industry; surveys; wood; stumpage; feedstocks; biomass; supply chain; Michigan
- ... Logging firms, as suppliers of raw material, form an important part of Michigan's forest products industry. Given the increasing interest in wood-based bioenergy production, their role has become increasingly important. For this study, we used a mail survey of Michigan's logging firms to provide an outlook of the logging sector within the state. The aim was to understand the status of existing log ...