Jump to Main Content
- Winandy, J.E.; Hatfield, C.A.
- Forest products journal 2007 v.57 no.9 pp. 87
- fiberglass, etc ; construction materials; wood construction; temperature; history; wood plastic composites; wood; Thuja plicata; roofs; shingles (roofing); color; Wisconsin; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Temperature histories for various types of roof shingles, wood roof sheathing, rafters, and nonventilated attics were monitored in outdoor attic structures using simulated North American light-framed construction. In this paper, 3-year thermal load histories for wood-based composite roof sheathing, wood rafters, and attics under western redcedar (WRC) shingles, wood-thermoplastic composite (WTPC) ...
- Knight, L.; Huff, M.; Stockhausen, J.I.; Ross, R.J.
- Forest products journal 2005 v.55 no.6 pp. 48
- fiberglass, etc ; wood technology; doors; environmental protection; reinforced wood; steel; wood; wood products; emissions; epoxides; resins; wastes; manufacturing; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The USDA Forest Service Forest Products Laboratory has patented a technology that incorporates fiberglass-reinforced wood into the structure of wood doors and other wood building products. The process of reinforcing wood doors with epoxy and fiberglass increases the strength and durability of the product. Also, it allows the use of low-value, small-diameter wood which conserves mature forests and ...