Jump to Main Content
- Deal, R.L.; Tappeiner, J.C.; Hennon, P.E.
- Forestry 2002 v.75 no.4 pp. 425-431
- Tsuga heterophylla, etc ; Picea sitchensis; silvicultural systems; botanical composition; stand structure; mortality; plant diseases and disorders; logging; volume; Arceuthobium; mechanical damage; Alaska; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The effects of partial cutting on species composition, stand structure and growth, tree size distribution, and tree disease and mortality were evaluated on 73 plots in 18 stands that were harvested 12-96 years ago in southeast Alaska. Partially-cut stands had diverse and highly complex stand structures similar to uncut stands. Sitka spruce was maintained in mixed hemlock-spruce stands over a wide ...
- Wilson, K.; Pyatt, D.G.
- Forestry 1984 v.57 no.2 pp. 117-141
- Tsuga heterophylla, etc ; forests; Larix kaempferi; Picea abies; Picea sitchensis; Pinus contorta; Pinus sylvestris; plowing; Pseudotsuga menziesii; heathlands; Scotland; Show all 11 Subjects