Jump to Main Content
- Gómez-García, Esteban, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Forestry 2014 v.87 no.1 pp. 165-176
- Betula pubescens; aboveground biomass; basal area; decision support systems; equations; even-aged stands; forest management; growth models; heteroskedasticity; land use; mortality; prediction; trees; Spain
- ... This study develops some components to complete a management-oriented dynamic model system for simulating current and future volume and biomass of even-aged stands of managed downy birch (Betula pubescens Ehrh.) in Galicia (NW Spain). The specific components developed are a mortality equation, a basal area growth equation, a diameter distribution prediction system and equations for total and compo ...
- Gómez-García, Esteban, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Forestry 2013 v.86 no.4 pp. 481-491
- Pinus pinaster; Pinus sylvestris; autocorrelation; biodiversity; equations; even-aged stands; heteroskedasticity; leaves; microclimate; models; tree and stand measurements; trees; vigor; wind; Spain
- ... We used data from Pinus pinaster Ait. and Pinus sylvestris L. trees growing in single-species even-aged stands in northwestern Spain to develop crown profile models. Such models are key components of growth and yield models, and they are also important for assessing competitive level, microclimate, tree vigour, mechanical stability, biological diversity, fire susceptibility and behaviour under win ...