Jump to Main Content
- Ringman, Rebecka; Beck, Greeley; Pilgård, Annica
- Forests 2019 v.10 no.6
- decay resistance, etc ; brown-rot fungi; cell walls; crosslinking; hemicellulose; metabolites; nanopores; surface tension; water content; wood degradation; wood moisture; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The effect of wood modification on wood-water interactions in modified wood is poorly understood, even though water is a critical factor in fungal wood degradation. A previous review suggested that decay resistance in modified wood is caused by a reduced wood moisture content (MC) that inhibits the diffusion of oxidative fungal metabolites. It has been reported that a MC below 23%–25% will p ...
- Chang, Chia-Wei; Kuo, Wei-Ling; Lu, Kun-Tsung
- Forests 2019 v.10 no.7
- decay resistance, etc ; Acacia confusa; Cryptomeria japonica var. japonica; adhesion; adhesives; coatings; dimensional stability; durability; finishing; forest industries; heat; heat treatment; liveweight gain; pH; polyurethanes; polyvinyl acetate; shear strength; sustainable development; temperature; urea formaldehyde; wettability; wood; Taiwan; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... In Taiwan, it is important to maintain sustainable development of the forestry industry in order to raise the self-sufficiency of domestic timber. Japanese cedar (Cryptomeria D. Don and Formosa acacia (Acacia confusa Merr.(Leguminosae)) have abundant storage options and are the potential candidates for this purpose. Heat treatment is a new environment-friendly method used to enhance the dimensiona ...