Jump to Main Content
- Behjou, Farshad Keivan; Lo Monaco, Angela; Tavankar, Farzam; Venanzi, Rachele; Nikooy, Mehrdad; Mederski, Piotr S.; Picchio, Rodolfo
- Forests 2018 v.9 no.9
- hardwood forests, etc ; biodiversity; coarse woody debris; forest management; forest stands; fuelwood; humans; snags; trees; Iran; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Coarse woody debris (CWD) plays an important role in supporting biodiversity and assisting ecological processes. Sometimes local people intervene modifying the expected distribution of CWD components, harvested as fuel wood. The effect of the human accessibility (HA) on the volume and characteristics of CWD (snag, downed log and stump) was investigated in the natural uneven-age mixed hardwood stan ...
- Machar, Ivo; Cermak, Petr; Pechanec, Vilem
- Forests 2018 v.9 no.7
- hardwood forests, etc ; Cervus dama; Cervus elaphus; biodiversity; browsing; census data; cultural landscape; deer; floodplains; forest birds; forest ecosystems; hardwood; herbivores; monitoring; nutritional support; predators; refuge habitats; rivers; shrubs; trees; winter; Czech Republic; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Temperate hardwood floodplain forests along lowland rivers are considered important forest biodiversity refugia in the European cultural landscape. The absence of apex predators combined with an artificial feeding of herbivore populations in winter seasons has caused an increase in browsing pressure on hardwood trees, nearly preventing their regeneration in some localities. There are still importa ...