Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Liang; Zhao, Xiaodong; Shen, Yongming
- Frontiers of earth science 2012 v.6 no.3 pp. 261-275
- disasters, etc ; drying; estuaries; geographic information systems; hydrodynamics; models; prediction; space and time; typhoons; China; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Storm surge is one of the most serious oceanic disasters. Accurate and timely numerical prediction is one of the primary measures for disaster control. Traditional storm surge models lack of accuracy and time effects. To overcome the disadvantages, in this paper, an analytical cyclone model was first added into the Finite-Volume Coastal Ocean Model (FVCOM) consisting of high resolution, flooding a ...
- Liu, Xilin; Yu, Chengjun; Shi, Peijun; Fang, Weihua
- Frontiers of earth science 2012 v.6 no.3 pp. 306-313
- disaster preparedness, etc ; geographic information systems; issues and policy; landslides; models; risk; risk analysis; China; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... This paper assesses the hazardousness, vulnerability and risk of debris flow and landslide in China and compiles maps with a scale of 1:6000000, based on Geographical Information System (GIS) technology, hazard regionalization map, socioeconomic data from 2000. Integrated hazardousness of debris flow and landslide is equivalent to the sum of debris flow hazardousness and landslide hazardousness. V ...