Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Chunfeng; Zhu, Yanchen; Yao, Dan; Chen, Guanfei; Wang, Lianjun
- Frontiers of environmental science & engineering 2017 v.11 no.6 pp. 12
- bioavailability; breathing; copper; gastrointestinal system; humans; ingestion; leaching; lead; pH; risk; zinc
- ... The objective of this study was to provide insight into human exposure to trace contaminants bearing red mud, derived precipitates and geopolymeric blocks due to inhalation contact and/or hand-to-mouth ingestion. The in vitro bioaccessibility behavior of trace contaminants was investigated with the PBET (physiologically based extraction test), ALF (artificial lysosomal fluid) and MGS (modified Gam ...
- Wang, Chunfeng; Chen, Guanfei; Zhu, Yanchen; Yao, Dan; Wang, Wanfeng; Wang, Lianjun
- Frontiers of environmental science & engineering 2017 v.11 no.6 pp. 5
- adsorption; anions; bioavailability; bottom ash; chlorides; cities; exposure pathways; gastrointestinal system; heavy metals; hospitals; humans; leaching; ligands; nitrates; pH; rare earth elements; sulfates; toxicity; waste incineration; China
- ... Leaching behavior and gastrointestinal bioaccessibility of rare earth elements (REEs) from hospital waste incineration (HWI) fly and bottom ash samples collected from Beijing and Nanjing Cities were assessed. In the same ash sample, the leaching concentrations of individual REEs determined by the Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP) were higher than those detected by the European stan ...