Jump to Main Content
- Shin, Joo Heon; Li, Robert W.; Gao, Yuan; Baldwin VI, Ransom; Li, Cong-jun
- Functional & Integrative Genomics 2012 v.12 no.1 pp. 119
- 5' untranslated regions; DNA-binding domains; acetylation; algorithms; binding sites; butyrates; cattle; exons; gene expression regulation; genome; histones; intergenic DNA; introns; promoter regions
- ... Butyrate-induced histone acetylation plays an important role in the regulation of gene expression. However, the regulation mechanisms of histone modification remain largely unclear. To comprehensively analyze histone modification induced by butyrate, we utilized chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) technology combined with next-generation sequencing technology (ChIP-seq) to analyze histone modific ...
- Hou, Yali; Liu, George E.; Bickhart, Derek M.; Matukumalli, Lakshmi K.; Li, Congjun; Song, Jiuzhou; Gasbarre, Louis C.; Van Tassell, Curtis P.; Sonstegard, Tad S.
- Functional & Integrative Genomics 2012 v.12 no.1 pp. 81
- Angus; breeding value; digestive system diseases; disease resistance; gastrointestinal nematodes; gene dosage; gene expression regulation; genetic variation; genome; genotyping; host-pathogen relationships; immune response; nematode infections; phenotypic variation; resistance mechanisms; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... Genomic structural variation is an important and abundant source of genetic and phenotypic variation. We previously reported an initial analysis of copy number variations (CNVs) in Angus cattle selected for resistance or susceptibility to gastrointestinal nematodes. In this study, we performed a large-scale analysis of CNVs using SNP genotyping data from 472 animals of the same population. We dete ...