Jump to Main Content
- Keller, Markus; Deyermond, Laura S.; Bondada, Bhaskar R.
- Functional plant biology 2015 v.42 no.4 pp. 366-375
- Vitis vinifera; canopy; carbon; correlation; deficit irrigation; leaf area; leaf water potential; leaves; photosynthates; photosynthesis; pruning; shoots; stomatal conductance; vegetative growth; vigor; vines
- ... The rate of shoot growth (vigour) in grapevines tends to decrease as the number of shoots per plant increases. Because the underlying causes of this relationship remain unclear, they were studied by variable pruning of field-grown, deficit-irrigated Merlot grapevines (Vitis vinifera L.). Shoot number ranged from 11 to 124 per vine and was inversely correlated with shoot growth rate, leaf appearanc ...
- Hochberg, Uri; Degu, Asfaw; Gendler, Tanya; Fait, Aaron; Rachmilevitch, Shimon
- Functional plant biology 2015 v.42 no.4 pp. 357-365
- Vitis vinifera; cultivars; drought; embolism; hydraulic conductivity; models; petioles; transpiration; xylem vessels
- ... Grapevine cultivars possess large variability in their response to water availability, and are therefore considered as a good model to study plant hydraulic adjustments. The current research compared the petiole anatomy of two grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.) cultivars, Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon, in respect to hydraulic properties. Hydraulic differences between the cultivar petioles were tested o ...