Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Shi-Dan; Chen, Ya-Jun; Cao, Kun-Fang; Ye, Qing
- Functional plant biology 2015 v.42 no.4 pp. 423-432
- Syzygium; drought tolerance; forest succession; gas exchange; habitats; hydraulic conductivity; interspecific variation; leaf area; leaf water potential; leaves; photosynthesis; sapwood; trees; tropical forests; turgor; xylem water potential
- ... Plant functional traits are closely associated with plant habitats. In this study, we investigated the interspecific variations in stem and leaf hydraulics, xylem and leaf anatomy, gas-exchange rates and leaf pressure–volume relationships among three Syzygium tree species in early, mid- and late successional tropical forests. The objective was to understand the response and adaptation of congeneri ...
- Wei, Lili; Lockington, David A.; Yu, Shen; Lovelock, Catherine E.
- Functional plant biology 2015 v.42 no.4 pp. 410-417
- Avicennia marina; Casuarina glauca; Melaleuca quinquenervia; freshwater; leaves; nitrogen; stable isotopes; trees; wetlands
- ... Plant–plant interactions are particularly complex in multi-resource limited environments. The aim of this study was to assess species interactions in estuarine wetlands where both N and fresh water are limited. We combined stable isotope methods and dissimilarity analyses to compare interspecific interactions in N source use and water source use. Both Melaleuca quinquenervia (Cav.) S. T Blake and ...