Jump to Main Content
- Domínguez, Eva; España, Laura; López-Casado, Gloria; Cuartero, Jesús; Heredia, Antonio
- Functional plant biology 2009 v.36 no.7 pp. 613-620
- Solanum lycopersicum var. lycopersicum; tomatoes; plant cuticle; fruits (plant anatomy); ripening; flavonoids; chemical constituents of plants; genotype; genetic variation; modulus of elasticity; viscoelasticity; cutin; cell wall components; cell walls
- ... Flavonoids accumulate in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) fruit cuticles during ripening. Their quantitative contribution to the biomechanical properties of the cuticle is studied in six tomato genotypes which show presence or absence of these compounds at the red ripe stage of fruit development. Tomato cuticles with flavonoids at red ripe showed a dramatic increase of these compounds between matu ...
- Gaff, Donald F.; Blomstedt, Cecilia K.; Neale, Alan D.; Le, Tuan N.; Hamill, John D.; Ghasempour, Hamid R.
- Functional plant biology 2009 v.36 no.7 pp. 589-599
- Sporobolus; wild plants; xerophytes; desiccation (plant physiology); plant-water relations; leaves; protoplasts; cell membranes; plant proteins; oxidative stress; protein synthesis; gene expression; proteome; proteomics; adenosine triphosphate; chemical constituents of plants
- ... Sporobolus stapfianus Gandoger, one of ~40 known 'anabiotic'grass species (i.e. 'able to regain vital activity from a state of latent life'), is the most versatile tool for research into desiccation tolerance in vegetative grass tissue. Current knowledge on this species is presented, including the features that suit it for investigations into the plant's ability to survive dehydration of its leaf ...