Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Cong; Shen, Danyu; Wang, Jing; Chen, Yang; Dong, Yumei; Tang, Zhaoyang; Xia, Ai
- Fungal biology 2019 v.123 no.1 pp. 87-93
- Aedes albopictus; Culex pipiens pallens; Pythium; biological control agents; chemical compounds; enzymes; gene expression regulation; genes; genetic transformation; humans; infectious diseases; larvae; mortality; mosquito control; stress response; stress tolerance; transcription (genetics); vector control; virulence; China
- ... Mosquitoes are the most important medical species by transmitting some of deadly infectious diseases to human. In recent years extensive studies of vector control have been focused on biological control agents due to the grave issue raised by continuous application of chemical compounds. Pythium guiyangense X.Q. Su was first isolated from infected larvae of Aedes albopictus in 2006 in China and it ...
- Wei, Zhang; Yu, Du
- Fungal biology 2019 v.123 no.1 pp. 42-50
- Verticillium wilt; community structure; continuous cropping; cotton; cotton industry; disease occurrence; fungal communities; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; pathogens; rhizosphere; soil; soil fungi; China
- ... The large-scale long-term plantation of cotton in the Xinjiang region has been accompanied by a regular and wide outbreak of soil-borne fungal diseases such as verticillium wilt, which significantly damaged the local cotton industry. High-throughput sequencing data showed that the cotton field cultivation management measures pose a significant influence upon the original ecological soil fungal com ...