Jump to Main Content
- Rocheleau, Hélène; Al-harthi, Reem; Ouellet, Thérèse
- Fungal biology 2019 v.123 no.1 pp. 77-86
- Fusarium graminearum; Fusarium head blight; carbon; catechol; decarboxylation; enzymes; fungi; genes; liquids; salicylic acid; virulence; wheat
- ... Fusarium head blight (FHB) is a major cereal crop disease, caused most frequently by the fungus Fusarium graminearum. We have previously demonstrated that F. graminearum can utilize SA as sole source of carbon to grow. In this current study, we further characterized selected four fungal SA-responsive genes that are predicted to encode salicylic acid (SA)-degrading enzymes and we used a gene replac ...
- Luévano-Martínez, Luis Alberto; Caldeira da Silva, Camille C.; Nicastro, Gianlucca G.; Schumacher, Robert I.; Kowaltowski, Alicia J.; Gomes, Suely L.
- Fungal biology 2019 v.123 no.1 pp. 59-65
- Chytridiomycota; antimycin A; complementary DNA; electron transport chain; enzymes; fluorescent dyes; fungi; mitochondria; oxygen consumption; sporulation; vegetative cells; zoospores
- ... Blastocladiella emersonii is an early diverging fungus of the phylum Blastocladiomycota. During the life cycle of the fungus, mitochondrial morphology changes significantly, from a fragmented form in sessile vegetative cells to a fused network in motile zoospores. In this study, we visualize these morphological changes using a mitochondrial fluorescent probe and show that the respiratory capacity ...