Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Cong; Shen, Danyu; Wang, Jing; Chen, Yang; Dong, Yumei; Tang, Zhaoyang; Xia, Ai
- Fungal biology 2019 v.123 no.1 pp. 87-93
- Aedes albopictus; Culex pipiens pallens; Pythium; biological control agents; chemical compounds; enzymes; gene expression regulation; genes; genetic transformation; humans; infectious diseases; larvae; mortality; mosquito control; stress response; stress tolerance; transcription (genetics); vector control; virulence; China
- ... Mosquitoes are the most important medical species by transmitting some of deadly infectious diseases to human. In recent years extensive studies of vector control have been focused on biological control agents due to the grave issue raised by continuous application of chemical compounds. Pythium guiyangense X.Q. Su was first isolated from infected larvae of Aedes albopictus in 2006 in China and it ...
- Rocheleau, Hélène; Al-harthi, Reem; Ouellet, Thérèse
- Fungal biology 2019 v.123 no.1 pp. 77-86
- Fusarium graminearum; Fusarium head blight; carbon; catechol; decarboxylation; enzymes; fungi; genes; liquids; salicylic acid; virulence; wheat
- ... Fusarium head blight (FHB) is a major cereal crop disease, caused most frequently by the fungus Fusarium graminearum. We have previously demonstrated that F. graminearum can utilize SA as sole source of carbon to grow. In this current study, we further characterized selected four fungal SA-responsive genes that are predicted to encode salicylic acid (SA)-degrading enzymes and we used a gene replac ...