Jump to Main Content
- Dawson, Samantha K.; Jönsson, Mari
- Fungal ecology 2020 v.46 pp. 100865
- Basidiomycota; body size; ecological differentiation; fruiting bodies; fungal communities; fungi; interspecific variation; intraspecific variation; probability distribution; wood
- ... As the use of functional trait approaches is growing in fungal ecology, there is a corresponding need to understand trait variation. Much of trait theory and statistical techniques are built on the assumption that interspecific variation is larger than intraspecific variation. This allows the use of mean trait values for species, which the vast majority of trait studies adopt. We examined the size ...
- Purhonen, Jenna; Ovaskainen, Otso; Halme, Panu; Komonen, Atte; Huhtinen, Seppo; Kotiranta, Heikki; Læssøe, Thomas; Abrego, Nerea
- Fungal ecology 2020 v.46 pp. 100863
- boreal forests; broadleaved trees; community structure; conifers; dead wood; fungal communities; fungi; geographical distribution; models; species richness; spores; wood quality
- ... Tree species is one of the most important determinants of wood-inhabiting fungal community composition, yet its relationship with fungal reproductive and dispersal traits remains poorly understood. We studied fungal communities (total of 657 species) inhabiting broadleaved and coniferous dead wood (total of 192 logs) in 12 semi-natural boreal forests. We utilized a trait-based hierarchical joint s ...