Jump to Main Content
- Geraldes, Paulo; Pascoal, Cláudia; Cássio, Fernanda
- Fungal ecology 2012 v.5 no.6 pp. 734-740
- Hyphomycetes; ambient temperature; biodiversity; fungi; global warming; microbial biomass; organic matter; plant litter; reproduction; streams
- ... Climate warming and biodiversity loss are two major factors threatening freshwaters. Aquatic hyphomycetes are fungi that play a key role in organic matter turnover in streams. To assess the impacts of temperature increase and aquatic hyphomycete diversity on plant-litter decomposition, we manipulated fungal assemblage composition at two levels of diversity (four and eight species) under ambient te ...
- Halme, Panu; Heilmann-Clausen, Jacob; Rämä, Teppo; Kosonen, Timo; Kunttu, Panu
- Fungal ecology 2012 v.5 no.6 pp. 750-758
- biodiversity; databases; fruiting bodies; fungi; global positioning systems; monitoring; mycology
- ... Biodiversity information databases and platforms have seen considerable progress in recent years. They have a high potential in conservation science in general, but may be even more revolutionary in relation to poorly known species groups such as fungi, whose practical conservation work has been jeopardised by scattered and poorly controlled information. We review the tradition of collecting infor ...