Jump to Main Content
- McKinney, L.V.; Thomsen, I.M.; Kjær, E.D.; Bengtsson, S.B.K.; Nielsen, L.R.
- Fungal ecology 2012 v.5 no.6 pp. 663-669
- Fraxinus excelsior; Hymenoscyphus; dieback; extinction; fungi; herbaria; internal transcribed spacers; microsatellite repeats; rare species; saprotrophs; Denmark; Scotland
- ... Ash dieback caused by the infectious fungus Hymenoscyphus pseudoalbidus currently threatens the common ash, Fraxinus excelsior, in Europe. An intriguing aspect is the morphological and ecological similarity between H. pseudoalbidus and the native saprotroph Hymenoscyphus albidus. We revisited four localities where H. albidus apothecia were collected from 1989 to 2005 and established the current re ...
- Angelini, Paola; Rubini, Andrea; Gigante, Daniela; Reale, Lara; Pagiotti, Rita; Venanzoni, Roberto
- Fungal ecology 2012 v.5 no.6 pp. 683-693
- Fusarium verticillioides; Phragmites australis; dieback; endophytes; fungal communities; fungi; internal transcribed spacers; lakes; leaves; ribosomal DNA; roots; Italy
- ... We surveyed the fungal endophytes in the leaves and roots of Phragmites australis plants along a gradient of reed decline at Lake Trasimeno (central Italy) in Oct. 2010. An integrated approach consisting of cultivation and molecular identification was used. Endophytes were recovered from 61.59% of the samples, with a total of 1 541 isolates. On the basis of a molecular analysis of the rDNA Interna ...