Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Yingjiao; Wang, Yonglin; Tian, Chengming
- Fungal genetics and biology 2016 v.95 pp. 58-66
- Glomerella cingulata; Populus; anthracnose; appressoria; conidia; genes; hyphae; leaves; mutants; oxidative stress; reactive oxygen species; stress response; stress tolerance; transcription factors; virulence; yeasts
- ... Yeast AP1 transcription factor is a regulator of oxidative stress response. Here, we report the identification and characterization of CgAP1, an ortholog of YAP1 in poplar anthracnose fungus Colletotrichum gloeosporioides. The expression of CgAP1 was highly induced by reactive oxygen species. CgAP1 deletion mutants displayed enhanced sensitivity to oxidative stress compared with the wild-type stra ...
- Chen, Yulu; Yu, Qilin; Wang, Honggang; Dong, Yijie; Jia, Chang; Zhang, Bing; Xiao, Chenpeng; Zhang, Biao; Xing, Laijun; Li, Mingchun
- Fungal genetics and biology 2016 v.95 pp. 1-12
- Candida albicans; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; autophagy; beta oxidation; catalase; fatty acids; fluorescence; fungi; genes; hydrogen peroxide; mutants; oxidative stress; pathogens; peroxisomes; stress tolerance
- ... The peroxisome plays an essential role in eukaryotic cellular metabolism, including β-oxidation of fatty acids and detoxification of hydrogen peroxide. However, its functions in the important fungal pathogen, C. albicans, remain to be investigated. In this study, we identified a homologue of Saccharomyces cerevisiae peroxisomal protein Pex1 in this pathogen, and explored its functions in stress to ...