Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Yingjiao; Wang, Yonglin; Tian, Chengming
- Fungal genetics and biology 2016 v.95 pp. 58-66
- Glomerella cingulata; Populus; anthracnose; appressoria; conidia; genes; hyphae; leaves; mutants; oxidative stress; reactive oxygen species; stress response; stress tolerance; transcription factors; virulence; yeasts
- ... Yeast AP1 transcription factor is a regulator of oxidative stress response. Here, we report the identification and characterization of CgAP1, an ortholog of YAP1 in poplar anthracnose fungus Colletotrichum gloeosporioides. The expression of CgAP1 was highly induced by reactive oxygen species. CgAP1 deletion mutants displayed enhanced sensitivity to oxidative stress compared with the wild-type stra ...
- Gatter, Michael; Ottlik, Stephanie; Kövesi, Zsolt; Bauer, Benjamin; Matthäus, Falk; Barth, Gerold
- Fungal genetics and biology 2016 v.95 pp. 30-38
- Yarrowia lipolytica; acetate-CoA ligase; acetates; alcohol dehydrogenase; alcohol oxidase; alcoholic fermentation; anaerobic conditions; biochemical pathways; carbon; enzyme activity; ethanol; gene overexpression; genes; glucose; glycerol; hydrophobicity; in vitro studies; oxidation; proteins; yeasts
- ... The non-conventional yeast Yarrowia lipolytica is able to utilize a wide range of different substrates like glucose, glycerol, ethanol, acetate, proteins and various hydrophobic molecules. Although most metabolic pathways for the utilization of these substrates have been clarified by now, it was not clear whether ethanol is oxidized by alcohol dehydrogenases or by an alternative oxidation system i ...